Thursday, September 20, 2012

Review: Nichido True Colors Powder Blush

For everyday makeup I usually go for blushes that are matte rather than those with shimmers. I want to look as natural as possible or at least not to look too made up. So one time I was in Watson’s just checking out some local makeup counters, and these babies caught my eye.

It’s the Nichido True Colors Powder Blushes!


L-R: Sunkissed, Blushing Pink, Peach Glow, Cool Rum

They’re super cheap for only 88 pesos each! So of course because I was thrilled by the price, I bought two right away. 

The first two that I got were “Sunkissed” and “Peach Glow”.
Sunkissed is a true pink shade while Peach Glow is like a peachy-corally color.

To be honest, I haven’t really used Peach Glow that much. I just feel that it’s not giving me much color unlike Sunkissed. But maybe it’s just me.

L-R: Cool Rum, Peach Glow, Sunkissed, Blushing Pink
The next two that I got were “Blushing Pink” and “Cool Rum”. Blushing pink is a subtler shade of pink compared to Sunkissed.

Next is Cool Rum which I love, love, love! I use it for contouring my cheeks 'coz I think the color is just perfect for that. It’s a light brown shade so it just gives that right shadow to the places where I want to give outline to. This is also a very pretty blush color! 

Staying Power of these blushes are so-so, though. Well you get what you pay for, right? For 88 a pop they're still nice blushes to have around.

Without flash

To summarize:

  • Beautiful color selection.
  • Very affordable for only 88 pesos!
  • Good color payoff, specially when you use the right brush to apply it.
  • They are buildable.
  • Average staying power, but with a good base they will last longer.
  • Didn't break me out.

*This post was reuploaded due to an error.

No comments:

Post a Comment