Lately I’ve been discovering the simple joys of life in local makeup products. They’re readily available in almost every mall, and if you know what to look for you can actually get yourself a very good quality of product for a cheap price.
So whenever I hunt for some good stuff in local makeup counters, my feet automatically take me to Ever Bilena’s.
The first products that I bought from them are four matte lipsticks that are in the shades of off beat pink, pink flame, mauvey and scarlet.
|Top to bottom: Scarlet, Pink Flame, Off Beat Pink, Mauvey|
Off beat pink is such a nice shade of blue-based pink. Out of the three that I got, this is the one that I reach out for most of the time coz it's a wearable color for everyday.
Pink flame is a pink-red shade and I use this when I want a pop of color on my lips. I get lots of compliments when I use this one.
The famous Mauvey, which they say is a dupe for Mac’s faux, is a nude lipstick with a slight hint of pink. I absolutely love this with my heavy smokey eyes.
Scarlet is a red lipstick with yellow undertones. I personally do not find it very flattering on me, but I would definitely recommend this for morenas or medium skin tones.
- Staying power may range from 3-5 hours. It depends if you're gonna eat/drink and talk a lot.
- Very good color payoff!
- Beautiful color selection.
- Affordable for only 145 pesos.
- You may need to moisturize your lips first with a balm for smoother and easier application.
- The major thing that I don’t like about these products is that because they are matte they tend to dry out my lips. They make an annoying film on the inner parts, but I’ve discovered that the trick is to dab on some lip gloss only on that part of your lips so it wouldn’t be dry and at the same time you’d still achieve that matte-finish look. (which is the whole point of buying matte lipsticks, right?)