Friday, April 6, 2012

My Everyday Face Routine


Yes, I admit. I'm a sleepyhead. On days when I don't need to get up in the morning I can sleep for as long as 13 hours and still have siesta in the afternoon! I know, it's RIDICULOUS. I have to LITERALLY tell myself to wake up.

Now that I have established that I'm a lazy person (lol!), I want to share with you this fast, easy and very simple everyday face routine that you can do for 5 to 10 minutes!




1. Wash your face with a facial foam that works best for you. I use Pond's Clear Balance Smooth Pores and thrice a week I also use St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control.



2. Use a toner. I have been using Nivea Visage Refreshing Toner for 3 years now and I have never looked back. It's very gentle on my skin and ever since I started using this the appearance of my pores were noticeably minimized! It keeps my skin's natural moisture while removing dirt and/or residues.


3. Moisturize! Moisturizers help to make your skin soft and well hydrated. I've been using Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer for almost a year now and I can really see how smooth and soft it has made my skin. It's also oil free and with SPF 15! I have the one for sensitive skin. Well I don't really know if I have sensitive skin but it doesn't hurt to buy the gentler one, right?


4. Apply foundation, BB cream or tinted moisturizer; whichever works best for you. I've been using the San San Matte Finish Liquid Foundation lately but for days when I just want too enhance my skin a little bit, I use BB cream.

5. Conceal. I personally skip this step but if you have blemishes or under eye circles then you have to do this. I do own one concealer in case I have an active break out and it's the Ever Bilena Concealer Stick. I don't use it unless I really need to because I got the wrong shade. I picked up the Medium one which is darker compared to my skin tone. It's probably the lighting at the counter! I don't want to purchase another concealer coz as I said I rarely use one.


6. Next I set my foundation with the Maybelline Clear Smooth All-in-One Shine Free Foundation for more coverage, but I've been hearing good things about the ELF High Definition Powder so I might get that when I'm done with Maybelline's.


7. Brows. This is VERY IMPORTANT. Your eyebrows frame your face. I've been using the ELF Eyebrow Kit in Light and it's really easy to use.


8. Next I curl my lashes and put on mascara. I do skip the mascara sometimes. Yes, I'm that lazy. I use the Maybelline Magnum Volum' Express in Super Film



9. Blush. You can use a powder blush, cream blush or cheek tint. Lately I've been using the Ever Bilena Lip and Cheek Stain because it's very long lasting. For powder blushes my favorite is the Ever Bilena Blush in Cheek.


10. Final step is putting on your lip product. I switch between lipsticks and tinted lip balms. My favorite lipsticks at the moment are the Maybelline Watershine Pure Lipstick in P24, the Fanny Serrano Moisturific Lipstick in Pink Chic and the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Primrose. My lips feel happy with them.
That's it! 10 steps for an everyday routine. Not bad, huh? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment