Friday, February 24, 2012

Review: Maybelline Lip Smooth Tinted Lip Balm in Cranberry Jam



I can seriously be a brand ambassador of Maybelline! Lol. If you've read my post about the Maybelline Baby Lips you would know that I've been wanting those tinted ones that are sold in the US.

But since they're not available here and I sure don't want to buy overpriced lip balms on Ebay, I picked this up at Watsons.


It's Maybelline's Lip Smooth Color & Care Refreshing Tinted Lip Balm in Cranberry Jam.






I wanted to buy the one in Cherry but I thought I'd go for the darker which is the Cranberry Jam because most tinted lip balms do not have good color payoff. 



4.5 grams

According to Maybelline, 

"Lip Smooth Color and Care helps to repair dry lips to its natural ingredients: Jojoba oil, Safflower seed oil. It also contains Vitamin E to protect your lips from external aggressions. Your lips will become more moisturized, soft and supple."



  • Packaging is exactly the same with Baby Lips.
  • The smell kind of reminds me of Airheads candy that I loved when I was a kid.
  • Affordable for only 89 pesos.
  • It's very hydrating.
  • Feels light on my lips and not sticky at all.
  • With SPF 16.
  • Average color payoff. It's very sheer so I'm glad I picked up this one instead of Cherry which is lighter.
  • This is my favorite lip balm right now! It has more or less the same tint that I get from Color Bloom (Pink Blossom) and the same formula with the Baby Lips that I really love!




2 comments:

  1. I have this too, and it's nice. The color of the balm is very nearly the same as the color of the tube. By the way, if you want balms that have way better color payoff, try Human Nature Tinted Lip Balms (http://humanheartnature.com/buy/index.php/mineral-make-up/natural-tinted-lip-balms.html). They're inexpensive (P79.75), 100% natural, and made in the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will definitely check that out. Thanks, Aviva! :D

      Delete