Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Review: Nichido Eyeshadow in Cocoa Pearl


I've been wanting to change my blog URL to a different name so I changed it to "thefaceguide.blogspot.com" yesterday. I thought it was as easy as that but I realized I was having problems with redirecting traffic. So now I'm back with my old URL until I figure it out. Sigh.

Now onto my review...

Some 6 months ago I was looking for a neutral eyeshadow that I can use everyday, just something to define my eyes without looking too much for school. And I found this from our local makeup counters; The Nichido eyeshadow in Cocoa Pearl.




Cocoa Pearl is a gorgeous milky brown shade with shimmers. It's not too dark of a brown which is great for giving your eyes that subtle definition. I personally use this either as an eyeliner or to "blend" onto my crease area to give a little depth to my eyes.



Pigmentation is average but definitely buildable. Putting a base underneath will definitely improve the color payoff and the staying power to boot. It's not powdery but it's not as soft and silky as high-end eyeshadows would feel. But for a fraction of the price it shouldn't really be compared. :)




Nichido eyeshadows have a variety of shades to choose from. A single eyeshadow costs 68 pesos although it's cheaper when you buy the palettes. Do check them out when you have the chance. :)



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing..I have yet tried any of their eyeshadow but the cocoa pearl is really pretty! I'm def going to check this out. ^_~

    ReplyDelete