Saturday, June 30, 2012

Review: Revlon Colorsilk Luminista in 175 Medium Blonde


My hair has become boring now. I used to color my hair every few months and now it has been more than a year since my last. After trying out different brands over the years I finally settled with Revlon Colorsilk Luminista. This time I picked up shade 175 Medium Blonde.



According to Revlon.com

"Revlon Colorsilk Luminista saturates dark hair with vibrant, shimmering color while subduing unwanted brassiness. This gentle, ammonia-free formula contains shine-enhancing mango butter ang leaves hair in better condition than before you colored. And with its extra creamy, moisturizing after-color conditioner, hair looks healthy and bouncy - not flat, frizzy or dull. 100% gray coverage."

This retails for 425 pesos a pop. Guess what, it's only around 5 dollars in US (200+ pesos). Ugh.

Anyway the box came with a hair colorant, creme color developer, the manual with two gloves and the after-color conditioner. By the way, that conditioner is divine! It softens the hair and makes it feel less damaged.



I previously colored my hair with Revlon Colorsilk Luminista in Light Golden Brown but it's barely noticeable now. My aim this time is a light brown shade, almost as if it's my natural hair color. Since my hair is quite dark already I went for the shade Medium Blonde. 



I didn't take pictures of the actual coloring process. That would be very messy. Basically you just have to follow the manual. 

It took me about 30 minutes to apply the product and then I let it process. While it was processing I kept checking if I have my desired shade already. After 30 minutes I thought I got it so I immediately rinsed my hair. I could have gone lighter but I was afraid that it will turn out orange-ish. 

The result?


Before


After

I really like how it turned out. It does look natural and I feel like it's a match for my skin tone. As you can see my hair got a bit dry from all the chemicals. I guess I just have to deep condition it frequently. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment